Friday, March 21, 2008

A Vegetarian in the making?


Tonight when I was making dinner (sloppy joes), Olivia came by me as I cooked the meat.
She said, "What is that, pig or cow?
Cow
I'm not eating that
Why not?
Because it gives me a sad feeling inside.
Does it give you a sad feeling when you eat chicken?
Well, no.
Mom, do people eat horse?
No
Then she added (refering to the meat), "it smells like dirt"

It may just be a ground beef thing because she didn't say anything on Sunday when we had a roast, but she is the animal lover in the family and I can see the wheels in her brain starting to turn.

3 comments:

Kim said...

That is hilarious! Is the sad feeling inside indigestion? Just kidding...

evans family said...

Ground beef smells worse than dirt!

Angi said...

That last comment was Angi, not Jeff.