Every single pair of Olivia's jeans have holes in the knees--I don't know what she does but her jeans do not last more than a few months before I start seeing holes. This time instead of adding them to my "someday I'll make a jean quilt" pile I was inspired by my favorite blog 'soulemama' who reuses and alters everything. I decided to use some of my fabric scraps to make some patches for the knees. One is just a simple square with buttons but the other is a bird I appliqued on. It was fun to do--I love hand sewing. But I think next time I won't spend so much time on it because after only wearing her newly patched jeans for a few hours I noticed the bird was already looking a little worn.
Friday, March 21, 2008
holes
Every single pair of Olivia's jeans have holes in the knees--I don't know what she does but her jeans do not last more than a few months before I start seeing holes. This time instead of adding them to my "someday I'll make a jean quilt" pile I was inspired by my favorite blog 'soulemama' who reuses and alters everything. I decided to use some of my fabric scraps to make some patches for the knees. One is just a simple square with buttons but the other is a bird I appliqued on. It was fun to do--I love hand sewing. But I think next time I won't spend so much time on it because after only wearing her newly patched jeans for a few hours I noticed the bird was already looking a little worn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
These are really cute "designer" jeans!
Post a Comment